This cosplay was based off the 2018 Lunar New Skins released for Overwatch! This one was Mercy’s legendary one for this year.
First debut: Anime Expo 2018
- Blizzcon 2018 Top 25 Finalist – Costume Contest (Community Night)
Associated tutorials for this costume:
Materials & Other Credits:
- Fabrics from Spandex House and Joann Fabrics
- Modified Sleeve patterns from Simplicity Patterns
- Foam from TNT Cosplay Supply
- Honeyboba Cosplay for helping me with my transaction at Epic Cosplay Wigs, wig styled by me
- Wig styling tutorial from Wisperia Workshop
- Wing extension acrylic sheets from Tap Plastics
- Wing extension acrylic sheets cut by OC Lasermark
- Staff 3D files from Spearmaster Cosplay
- Hair accessories and staff parts printed by me on printers from Matterhackers, Wanhao, and Prusa Research
- Tools and adhesives from Harbor Freight Tools
- Tools and hardware from Home Depot
Pinnable resources from my Zhuque Mercy Pinterest Board
The Making Of
Blizzcon 2018 Top 25 Finalist Interview
Overwatch Payload Tour at Anime Expo 2018
Cosplay PDF Patterns
In this tutorial, I discuss how I attach removable wings to the body with a harness. Mercy from Overwatch has various skins where both an invisible or regular harness may need to be used to achieve that high "wing angle". For both versions of these wings, I used the...
Download the 3D Printable file here! I made this as a little tool to hold parts of common PVC pipe sizes used for cosplay from Home Depot. While not in my workshop, I needed a tangible and accurate representation of PVC pipes for 3d modeling with. At least...
Heat Transfer Vinyl serves as a great solution for creating crisp appliqué details on any project! In this tutorial, I use examples from my Zhuque Mercy project. See my other appliqué tutorials here: Using Spandex for Applique and Trims [Tutorial] Navigation: Prepare...
What if you have a pattern that was already pre-scaled, but the document paper size is too large for your printer to handle? If you do not have access to a wide format printer, this tutorial explains how to print to several pages on a home or office printer using US...
These instructions apply if you have purchased one of C'est La Sara patterns that do not need additional scaling! If the description states that the pattern is a 1:1 scale, please read these instructions carefully. This tutorial is also available in print version...
To view this protected post, enter the password below: